Saturday, August 1, 2009

And The Verdict Is...

My car is officially hating on me. So I thought I had managed to have my flat tired fixed. Nope. I go out to the car on Thursday afternoon and try to leave for work and the same tire is flat. So I find a ride to work and call the mechanic who swore to me he double checked for more then one leak and bitch. My roommate says the mechanic found a leak in the sidewall of the tire, which means, he really shouldn't repair it. Because driving on a repaired side leak is like asking for a car accident. It should come as no surprise that I had to dip into the rent money and buy tires.

One good thing about him coming to my house and fixing the tire is that he found out I have a bad tire rod. Oh wait. Did I say that was a good thing? It isn't. More money to be used to fix something else. It is good to find that out though, in the long run. An accident from a bad tire rod would rip up my front end of my car. Not to mention who knows what would happen if the car crashed.

Though normally rent would come first, this time the car does. Because I have to have it to go back and forth to work and my children ride in that car and I WILL NOT compromise their safety.

On the bonus side, I get to go to a baby shower today. Tiny clothes for tiny tots that I don't have to feed are always fun.

Until next time....

No comments: