Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oh What A Day And Night

There was a team contest at my work. I came in first and the whole team was able to go out, on the company for fun, games and drinking. Was fun. Even though we had a rocky start.

Per usual, drama had to ensue before I could even arrive. I managed not to be the last to arrive, but I was second to last. I had to run some errands. I found a pregnant kitty on the side of the road in bad condition, so I had to find a Humane Society. Which per normal took me forever. Then the cat kept coming over to my floorboard and getting underneath my pedals. Dangerous and aggravating. I finally get her to the shelter and hit the road again. Second stop Walmart. Normal. Or should be. But we are talking about the Drama Queen. Fifteen lines open, I get into the one that only had one person in it. Now, I know what you are thinking. How lucky is that? One person ahead of you at Wally World. Wow! Yeah, well that one person too FOREVER! I swear she didn't have that many items left on the conveyor belt when I got into line behind her. The next thing I know people were bringing her stuff from everywhere.

I so wanted to scream. She then pays with everything with food stamps. Now I understand if they need them. That is fine. But my two item purchase was short and simple, so I manage to do my transaction really quickly. I such a short time in fact, that I had the joy of watching said previous mentioned woman get into a BRAND NEW Blazer. Yep. Now here I am driving an 88 Thunderbird and barely making ends meet and she has a new truck. I just shook my head and walked on to my car.

Third stop. The band, ick. Wouldn't be a big deal but I rent from a friend, so I just deposit the money into his account. Now you would think that wouldn't be a problem, but leave it up to me to forget to bring the account number. There I am in the drive thru line trying to reach him to get his account number. He is not answering the phone. I finally get aggravated holding up the line and drive off to wait for him to return my call. Next thing I know, I am being chased down by a teller. I drove off with the cylinder thing you put your stuff in to send to the teller. OOPS! She manages to reach me as my phone rings with the person I had be trying to reach on the other end.

I accomplish my transaction. Apologize much to my embarrassment and finally am on my way to work.

I will write about that tomorrow. Since I yammered on for so long today,

No comments: