Thursday, August 23, 2007

Screaming In Frustration



I have HAD IT!!! I literally almost screamed in frustration at the Department of Motor Vehicles today. After all of the stuff that has happened in regards to acquiring my license, I thought I had all of my bases covered. I was wrong.

I called the DMV two weeks ago. The one in Florida, to be precise. I asked them specifically what I needed in order to receive my license. They said, I would just need the typical photo identification, proof of paying my reinstatement fee and my social security card. This morning before I left to go to the DMV, I called and asked them again. I was told the exact same thing. So with a happy heart, I gather everything I needed and everything they told me I needed as well. Another good friend of mine was happy to take me there and we walked in the door with excitement, that after today, I would be driving again.

Boy was I WRONG!! I stand in line, I tell the nice man I am here to get my Florida license. I show him all of my information, he then politely tells me, "You need your birth certificate." Now most people wouldn't think anything of handing over their birth certificate. On a normal day, neither would I. But see, my proof of my birth is in a nicely packed box, in storage, in Indiana. It was one of the things I could not find, before I left for Florida. I haven't needed it for years, so I wasn't worried about having it. That is, of course, until today.

Apparently, when you go to apply for a license in Florida, if you have had a prior license in certain states, the birth certificate is required, because those twenty states have high fraudulent identifications. Naturally, me being me. I am again screwed. I now have to spend even more money to get my birth certificate and to get it expedited quickly to me.

Fourier?? How do I contact those damn Murphy God's? You said I must have pissed them off, now I want to let them know how pissed off I am and give them a reason to be mad at me. LOL.

Zoey. Nope, wasn't kidding about the real life drama. I have even more shit going on in my life right now. And when I get the license part taken care of, I will tell you all about how my wonderful roomie, went psycho crazy.

5 comments:

Fourier Analyst said...

Ah my dear, the best way to appease the Murphy Gods is to not let them get to you. They seem to take great pleasure in dumping on those who respond with tantrums, screams, threats, tears, etc. You have to laugh. You have to smile in the face of adversity. You have to make a big joke out of it and sell your story to Reader's Digest or some other such place. Possibly by blogging about it so we can all have a laugh at your expense might do the trick and things should calm down soon. But you are gonna have to do better at laughing at yourself. Or realising how much better you are than the poor bloke in line behind you who had his identity stolen and has to deal with the US guvmint in order to get a copy of his Social Security card. Talk about a line, you can spend a whole day at one of those offices. And they don't do online or answer the phone!!

See, there's always someone who is worse off. Point them out to the Murphy Gods and it may get you off their radar!!


Seriously, good luck lady. Surely this saga is about to come to an end!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The picture tells it all. Having your birth certificate in another state, not thinking you'll need it is bound to cause immense frustration.

Vixen said...

Oooooh, girl you are going through it! Did you finaly get your license though? I thought your roomie was nice?

Yikes!

Adventures In Waitressing said...

Nope.. still haven't gotten my license.. waiting on the birth certificate. And she WAS nice.. now she is psycho.

soccer mom in denial said...

Could things get WORSE for you? Well they could so we won't go there.

Jesus f---ing Christ this is beyond outrageous? Who needs a birth certificate any more? Wow, wow, wow. Get through this.

And I'm sending "leave The Queen alone" thoughts in the direction of your formerly-nice-now-psycho roomie. Eek.