Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Trapped In My Apartment



To those of you who read my blog on a regular basis, you know that I recently moved from Indiana to Florida. I just up and moved. I had the chance to reconnect with my Father, whom I didn't know, and I took it.

After I moved here I discovered that my license was suspended. I didn't have a car, so I wasn't really worried about it, at first. Then my dad bought me a car (see above pic). I know it is an older car, but call me a sucker for the classics. I love this car. Of course I found out my license was suspended after he purchased the car. He then in turn took the car back from me. Since it was still in his name. He stated that once I acquired my license again, the car would be mine. Well, the car was needing quite a bit of work, so I wasn't too upset.

So I have been having one financial trouble after another and have yet to get my Driver's License. I want to scream in frustration from being basically stuck in my apartment or at work. I have to beg for rides from friends to the grocery store. I take a Taxi which I can't afford to go to work. How am I supposed to save money for a license if I can't go out and look for a second job?

The other day, my dad told me he is going to sell my car unless I get the DL. Well fuck a duck! So should I pay rent and have a place to live or get my license, hope I can pay rent and have a car? I give up. I can't do both, yet I need to do both. I need $600. Not so much, but when your a single struggling mom like me, it is a fortune. Hell, half of my stuff is still in Indiana. I just want to be able to go to the damn store when I need too. Get my kids to school, if they miss the bus. But I have been stuck in this God forsaking house for the better part of five months and all I want to do is scream. If he sells my car, then I get a license, I am going to still be stuck here because there is no way in Heaven or Hell I can afford to buy one on my own. So I will continue to be stuck in an apartment, begging for rides or paying out the ass for them.

I just want to SCREAM!!

7 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good picture there.

Incidentally, if you have that Seven of Nine picture, I'd like to see it. My e mail is under the 'Secure Channel' on my Journal Page.

soccer mom in denial said...

Scream away. How infuriating.

Not to ask the obvious (and don't throw a DVD case at me) but could your dad help pay the license fee? I mean, if he could help you with a car, surely he could help with the fee?

And not to place you in a "larger context" (feel free to throw the case at me now) but it is stories like yours that just make me want to yell about how big business (car manufacturers) from 1950's - 1970's did everything in their powers to stop public transit development. No other developed country in its right mind allows such large areas not to have buses, trains or light rail.

Sorry, your story was meant to be a vent, not be fodder for a larger societal context. You're not alone.

Real Life Drama Queen said...

He says he bought the car so it is up to me to get the license. Believe me I have tried everything I can think of.

LMAO I would never dream of throwing a DVD case at you. Believe me when I state I have tried everything. I have nothing to sell other then my DVD and they still only get a dollar a piece at the pawn shop and that is only if they want to take them. I would pawn my computer, but it is the only thing keeping ne sane at this point and time.

HUGS SMID

ZoeyBella said...

That's a great car. You're right - the classics always rock! :)

cathouse teri said...

You need six hundred to get your license?

Hey, my son purchased a car that has a registration that expired two years ago. I'll be telling that story soon at my blogarama.

Forget about the car. Just take the bus. Or whatever you have to do. You can't be letting people (like your dad) hang shit like that over your head. Pay your rent. Take the bus. Move on. Get another car some time when you get flush.

cathouse teri said...

So, my son bought a car but the guy disappeared before the title transfer. He's been driving around with a registration that expired two years ago.

We got pulled over in San Francisco and they were going to tow it. Leave Brady, Laura, Baby and me (along with all of their wordly possessions) on the side of the road.

I took him to DMV today to get a temporary registration until this is cleared up.

Cost me $227. Fuckin hell.

Adventures In Waitressing said...

YIKES.. that crap is a rip off dear. Sorry to hear about that.. but at least you have the problem resolved.