Sunday, August 19, 2007

So Close Yet So Far



The above picture is my Sister and my Youngest. Cute aren't they?
So, here is the update.

I talked to my Dad and he was willing to put of selling my car for a week. On the grounds that I get my license. Which I didn't have the money for. Thankfully I have one hell of a boss. No JOKE! My boss loaned me the money to get my license back. How is that? Amazing huh? Well he put it in the form of a personal check. My identification is from Indiana, so I couldn't cash it.

I then signed it over to a friend of mine and she deposited it into her bank account. I had to wait a day for the funds. She brought me the cash the next day. I called all the placed I needed to contact in Indiana and found out it was going to have all be done by mail. Which would take forever. So I made a bunch of phone calls to my friends in Indiana to see if one of them would be willing to go and pay all the fines. I found two. The first one was willing, but unable to do so because of working. The second took the time off. By this time I had turned all of the cash into the appropriate money orders I needed. BIG MISTAKE! I needed to Western Union the money up north. Western Union will only take cash. So it was back to the back with my friend. We had to redeposit the money orders and wait for the cash again. I wanted to scream. I am on a time limit. I was only given a week and it had already been four days.

I finally get the money sent. My friend picks up the money, but has ran out of time. He can't do it for two more days. ICK! He finally is able to do it on Friday. He pays one. No problem. He goes to pay the second. He arrives at the destination at forty-five minutes past Noon. The place is closed. They closed at 12:30. What the hell? A courthouse closed at 12:30 on a Friday? Nothing he can do about it. He was my only hope. He proceeds on though, to the third place. He arrives there to a huge line. He stands there and off goes the power and the computers are totally crashed. By this time I am thinking I have royally pissed off God and he is determined for my car to be sold. He sticks around there though and they get everything back up and running. I am thankful. He only has one more place to go. The problem is, he can't go to the final place, not until he goes to the second place first. He is out of time, and I am out of hope.

I decided to have him drop off all of the information to my ex-husband. He can't to it, but maybe my first friend can on her next day off. I get lucky. She is going to do it on Wednesday.

So hopefully by Friday at the latest, I will be driving! Keep your fingers crossed and send me some good wishes. I really need them before I go fucking mad. LOL

4 comments:

Vixen said...

Wow...sounds like a roller coaster. I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed for you.

Fourier Analyst said...

Jeez you must have really done something to piss of the "Murphy" gods!! Sending you all sorts of positive thoughts and hope the energy from overseas doesn't get too distorted! -

soccer mom in denial said...

I'm sending the positive vibes your way too. ICK is right!!

ZoeyBella said...

You know, when you say "real life drama" you sure aren't kidding, are you??? ;)