Monday, May 14, 2007

Generosity Equals Stupidity

Do you ever do something for someone and wonder in the back of your mind, while doing so, if you should? I do all the time. Not because I wish to be a suspicious person, but because of the fact that in the past someone has always burnt me. Not with fire, naturally, but with unjust acts and lies. My friend Carol whom I have complained about drama with in previous posts, is the cause of this one today. I have been wondering if she has been lying to me. Not once, but numerous times. I had yet to be able to prove it, just something about this woman doesn't add up. But yet, I had faith that she wouldn't screw me over when I agreed to help her when she was in need. Alas I was severely wrong. She came to me on Mother's Day all upset that her boyfriend used their money on something stupid. So now they could not take his mother out for Mother's Day. Fine, I accept that, I would be upset as well. She begged me to let her borrow money that I most definitely could not afford to lend her. I told her specifically that my money was for my storage payment so I wouldn't lose my stuff. I had to pay it today. No if's, No and's, No but's. She swore to me that I would have my money back today. So I let her borrow it. Her next problem is that she doesn't have a way to the bank today. Fine, I get her a ride to the bank. She then calls me and says, "I will go with my friend and be back in an hour." Alarm bells go off. I am not stupid. She is trying to avoid me now. I say, "Please let me take you. I have to have that back today. You know how important it is to me." That doesn't change her mind, she insists on having her friend take her and swears she will be back in an hour with my money. It has now at the time of me writing this post been eight hours and counting.

Why do people always have to lie and connive? There is no reason for it whatsoever. Now I could lose all of my stuff I am supposed to go and get next month over someone lying to me and making me feel sorry for them. My children's baby pictures and things my grandmother left me when she passed away. All of it and more could be gone because one woman lied to me and I was stupid enough to doubt the nagging in the back of my mind and let her. I am so pissed right now. I can't even put into words exactly how I feel. I would scream but it might wake up someone.

I recommend that if you ever get that nagging thought in the back of your mind and you decide ignore it. DON'T. Instincts are usually correct.

7 comments:

Vixen said...

oh my word, I can't believe you gave her the money! Weren't you supposed to mail it off yesterday anyhow? Has she ever borrowed from you and paid it back? Where you are right now, the bank of the Waitress should be closed permanently to all and sundry. Grrrrr, I'm so mad for you, I really hope she comes through.

Real Life Drama Queen said...

So far she still hasn't come through... she hasn't even had the nerve to come over here and tell me herself.. she sent her soon to be mother in law with some bullshit story.. she knows i am pissed and she doesn't like me when i am pissed.. so there ya go.. sucks alot.. and yes i was supposed to mail it off yesterday.. and looks like it won't be tomorrow either.. Just call me stupid.. i deserve it

cathouse teri said...

My dad taught me that "If you can't afford to give someone money, then don't lend it to them. Often, well meaning as they are, they do not pay it back and friendship is much to valuable to risk for the sake of money."

So honey, next time think, "Can I afford to give this to her, in case she can't or won't pay it back?" That will answer that.

But if you need money for storage, let me know! I told you!

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Awe Teri...You are such a doll..I can honestly say that. Talk about Generousity. Trust me when I say.. I won't make that mistake again.. I just might take you up on that offer.. .first going to talk to my dad.. just haven't worked up the nerve yet. Though I am trying. HUGS

cathouse teri said...

Well let me know. And hurry! because I get paid tonight and it will be gone by monday! hehehe

And please don't overestimate my generosity. I consider it only fair, as there have been SO many who have helped and continue to help me through this life and never ask for a thing in return except my smile. (And I don't mean men! lol)

Adventures In Waitressing said...

You have a truely beautiful Heart Teri.. the greatest treasure anyone can have in life. Thank you.

cathouse teri said...

I have a black and ugly heart! God forces me to do good things! I should have died years ago, but he keeps making me stay alive! Sheesh! :)