Friday, May 25, 2007

The Power Of Friendship

I have been going through a lot lately. Finances are just spindling further down and no matter how hard I work or what I do they keep getting worse. But some of the events of the last few days have led me to believe that hope in this world is most definitely not lost.

I will start from the beginning. I thought I had planned perfectly my move. NOT! I tried to save money by renting a van and only taking what I absolutely needed, because I didn't want to spend a fortune on a U-Haul. Big mistake. HUGE! So I left a bunch of my stuff in my home state. I also left my teenage son there to finish out the last few months of school. I didn't want him to have to change so close to the end of a school year. I planned for a baby sitter, before I left. I transferred through my work. So no job hunting. I rented an apartment site unseen, even making sure it was close enough to my work, because I knew I was going to be taking a taxi for a few months. I had to leave my car. It wouldn't make it down the street, let alone to Florida.

Everything started going wrong bit by bit. The baby sitter I had arranged backed out. They transferred me to the wrong location, not getting a U-Haul made me almost lose everything and not having a car was just plain stupid.

Believe it or not I am a bright person, I just do stupid things. So I eventually found a new baby sitter, who turned out she was pretending to be me. Told people she was me and was working at my job. I found that out after she abandoned me and caused me to lose days at work that I couldn't afford to lose. The job here is not making as much money as I am used to making and expenses here are more then what I am used to, so I kept falling further behind. Locked myself out of my house and my mailbox. Lost the keys at the beach. Oops! I ended up forgetting about a bill, because I couldn't get my mail. An important one. The electricity. There is more, but it just makes me sound like more of an idiot.

Basically it boils down to me getting further behind. Then in steps friends. The ones that everyone in this life should have and keep. One takes me everyday to work and to the new baby sitters. She tries to reject my gas money, but I refuse to allow it. One loaned me the money to turn on the electricity, I had the money the day before, but silly me. I went and bought groceries. Others have offered to send me money, which I rejected. Not because I don't need it, but because it would just make me uncomfortable. Even one amazing person from the blogger sphere tried to help out.

These amazing women are just that... AMAZING! I have had many people in my past pretend to be my friend and take advantage of that friendship. I therefore have been leery in my choices. I am blessed now. Blessed to be surrounded by some of the most amazingly generous women. Not only because they tried to help me financially, but because they have offered themselves. Not their bodies, but their spirits. Their friendship that which is genuine. In a world were people are constantly pushing others out of their way to get to the front, there are truly amazing people out there walking backwards to help the ones being trampled.

Thank You!

This blog is in thanks to the women mentioned as well as the ones not mentioned. But namely for Vixen and Teri for the fact that they are some of the few that walk backwards to stop people from getting trampled.

2 comments:

Vixen said...

We all do stupid things...no one is perfect. I think packing up and moving cross country takes alot of guts and panache...I've done it too and trust me, it was NOT easy by any measure. You are still in your transitional phase; but I know that it will all turn around. Did you go to the Office like you promised?

THANK YOU FOR BEING A GREAT FRIEND. You were really there for me during my hard time so it's just like a daisy chain, the love gets passed round and round. Hang in there sweetie...I know it will get better. My mom always says that when something great is about to happen is when everything looks like shit...just to be able to appreciate the good times when they do come. XOXOXOXO

Adventures In Waitressing said...

AWE HUGS Vixen.. thank you for you nice comments.. and hey.. that's what friends are for.. trying to hang in there.. doing pretty good at it so far.. haven't strangled anyone yet or robbed a bank for that matter LOL