Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Back From The Mechanics



I know I keep putting pictures up of an 88' Thunderbird.. but even though mine doesn't work. Damn, I love that car!!

The mechanics fixed my brakes. Apparently someone routed the wires to my brake booster wrong. Imagine that. Doesn't surprise me, since someone managed to rewire the car completely wrong. The mechanics told me that one as well. I said, "No Shit Sherlock! Ya think? That is what I said when I brought it in for you to look at." Of course they tried to tell me my alternator was bad. I said, "No it isn't. That is the second one I have put in. I know I have shitty luck, but I seriously doubt I would be so unlucky as to have bought two bad alternators in a row." I mean come on? They did say one thing I agreed with. Surprise! Surprise! They said I would have to find another mechanic. DUH!!

They said that they were not knowledgeable enough to rewire my car. I needed a special mechanic that could work with electrical wiring. Do you have any idea how much that is going to cost? Me either, but I would bet my ass that it is a small fortune, at least a small fortune to me. I figure no less then $800 smackers. UGH!

So, the brakes are fixed and I am back to Stage 1. Jumping my car to go anywhere or hauling two batteries up to the third floor. Yippee!!

But hey, the brakes work.

2 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

Gorgeous - how can I send you an electronic hug? That is all I want to do after reading these last two posts.

Sheesh.

Adventures In Waitressing said...

Hug recieved and returned. Thank you very much.. I needed it. HUGS