Monday, October 22, 2007

Stranger Things Have Happened

I tell you, I have the strangest life. You will not believe this, Hell I don't believe this.

I have had all of this trouble with my car. Something draining my battery. Several people have looked at it and all has came to the same conclusion. I need a new wiring harness for my alternator. Only one person has offered a different opinion. One man noticed that my speedometer was fluctuating. He stated that I had a bare wire somewhere touching the chassis of my car. I figured if I kept my car running at night I would see the wire. I figured it would give out sparks. No such luck. Even in the dark I couldn't find the wire. The mechanic I took it too, didn't even bother to look. So I have been pinching pennies and etc. Saving up to take my car to the "special" electrical mechanic. Since I am terrified of the cost.

Anyways, back to the strange thing that happened. Since I had to move, I had to switch my son's schools. We switched districts. So I piled the kids into the car. Left my oldest in it car with it running, since I am terrified of shutting it off. I pulled him out of the school, got in the car and headed off to the new school. I arrive at the new school and it was closed. Apparently, no school today. So I back the car out of the parking spot and it dies. I am like, OH SHIT! But I had noticed the speedometer hadn't been fluctuating. So on a whim I decide to try and start the car without the jumper box. Low and behold the damn thing started. I was in shock. Total shock. Thrilled naturally, but shocked just the same. I mean, did my car just magically heal itself? I mean stranger things have happened, and Lord knows I was due for a break.

It all rounds out that my car starts on its own. The battery is recharging like it is supposed to be doing. And I am still driving it, but now I am even more paranoid. I constantly am watching the speedometer to see if it moves on its own. But hey, miracles can actually happen. I am just amazed that it happened to me.

Who knew?

4 comments:

cathouse teri said...

I toldja. It's something touching the chassis. It will happen again when you hit a bump and that wire hits again. Have someone who is not stupid look at the speedometer.

soccer mom in denial said...

Cars mystify me.

Fourier Analyst said...

Listen to Teri, the next bump can easily be your downfall! Have someone who knows about the speedometer follow the cable all the way to see where it intersects with other cables. The short is likely to be at that point somewhere! You've been given a short reprieve, (probably because Murphy is so busy at my house!) but your next breakdown can a major pain so don't get too cocky!!

DIXIECHICK said...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???!!!!
DIXIECHICK