Saturday, October 13, 2007

Just When You Think



It is safe and I will be Drama free. (in the best evil laugh) Muahhhhh ahhh ahhhh!!

So, I get moved in and unpacked, roomie free and feeling fine. I only have one thing left to move. My giant TV that my Dad gave me. No way in hell am I lifting that thing up. Not with my hernia.

My boss and a gentleman from work volunteer to be my heavy lifters. I am thrilled. I promise them that I will meet them at my old apartment at 8:30 am. See the 14 year old has to be at the bus stop then. Since my car still isn't running right, I figure kill two birds with one stone. That WAS the plan. Notice I said WAS.

My day began relatively normal. Get the monsters up, for we had things to do. I get them ready for school and traveling. We go down, I hook up the jumper box to the car and start the car. Oh wait.. no.. the car won't start. Jumper box isn't working. Well shit. So I beg for jumps from strangers. Hoping they won't think I want to be jumped physically. I keep trying to call the former roomie, since she is still at the old place, to tell her to watch for my boss. But the house phone is dead. Every time she picks it up.. it beeps and dies. So no way to tell boss man that I am trying to get there.

Finally, the car gets going and we are off. By now it is 9:00 am and I am just now leaving. I went to my car at 8:15 ick!

My boss passes me on the road, thankfully he sees me and turns around. Basically, we get the TV moved and my son is late for school.

I get back home with a sigh of relief, thinking that is the end of my drama for the day. Boy, was I wrong. My youngest locked both of us out of the bathroom. Now I can't get ready for work. Everything I need is in there: bras, panties, make-up, hairdryer. You get the picture. I spend a half an hour trying to get in the potty. One stab to the finger and one cut later, there is success. I still missed the meeting. I am due to work again at 5:00 pm so I have enough time to get my son from the bus stop.


I tell you, I can be so wrong sometimes. The car refuses to be started yet again. I get another jump. Wooo Hooo!! I am going to be somewhere on time!!! NOT!! The brakes go out on one of the busiest streets there is in Jacksonville. Great huh? I manage to get the car home. Call my boss and tell him what is going on. I am practically in tears from frustration. He comes to get me. He can only take me to work. So now I am at work with a four year old. My fourteen year old is stuck at the bus stop. He has no clue. Luckily someone from work, lets me borrow their car real quick so I can go and get him. He is freaking out, thinking that I forgot him, by the time I arrive.

I end up with two kids stuck at work with me. I was managing that night. Thankfully, I have some of the most understanding bosses alive.

So much for being drama free for awhile.


Oh, and the car is now in the shop. I pray it doesn't cost a fortune.

4 comments:

Fourier Analyst said...

Oh darlin'! Your dramas sure give me perspective on my own problems and life!! Hang in there! and keep your sense of humor as it may be the last link to your sanity!!

Vixen said...

Dayum. Just when things get better then something breaks down. Hang in there cutie..you are one tough mama!

DIXIECHICK said...

And I thought my life bordered on the insane...Dang, girl...the only way from here is up! Hang in there....
Dixie

ZoeyBella said...

Well, I guess things could be worse, right? ;)