Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Strangest Things



If you are wondering why I have a picture of Super Glue up there.. don't wonder for long. Believe me, I am going to tell you. See, I figure every one of us needs a laugh. We might as well laugh at ourselves. So since I did something stupid, figured I would give you all a laugh out of it.

Recently I colored the top of my hair blond. I am just trying to fit the images of the jokes.

Yesterday morning, my son breaks his glasses. I am think, well hell. No insurance and no money, broken glasses equals not good. So I tell him, "Bring me the super glue." So he does. I try and try to get the cap off, so I think screw it and decide to use my teeth. Bad idea. I apparently put my teeth in a bad place and the next thing you know the inside of my mouth is super glued to my teeth.

Go ahead, laugh. I did. It has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever done.

That was some nasty tasting stuff. Thankfully saliva is fairly helpful at getting the glue off of the inside of ones mouth. Long fingernails works for getting stuff off of ones teeth. Toothpaste works well for getting the nasty taste out of your mouth as well. Just some helpful hints if you find yourself in the same predicament as me.

Other then that, I have been relatively drama free. I really don't know what to do with myself. I figure I just wait it out. SOMETHING more interesting then gluing my mouth shut is bound to happen. Though I know a few people out there would be happy if the gluing process was made permanent. LOL

9 comments:

Kim said...

That is so something that I would do. lol The director of the daycare that my kids go to was telling me a funny super glue story this morning...

Her friend's husband woke up one morning with his eye all red and irritated. He reached for his wife's eye drops and puts them in, only to realize that he had just put super glue on his eye! It totally sealed his eyelid shut and I don't know how he got the stuff of. :)

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Yikes!!! Bet he reads every thing he grabs from now on.

DIXIECHICK said...

Girl..that is too funny...totally something I would do.
Dixie

DIXIECHICK said...

Hey, Drama Queen...You have been Tagged!!!! Go to my blog, read the rules, please continue the game....Have fun!
Dixie

Fourier Analyst said...

ROFLOL!!! Sooo funny but scary! Glad it was over soon. And yes, it does sound like something I would do at a point of stress when my brain is totally disengaged (which is happening more often these days!)

Alex Elliot said...

That was funny! I know I shouldn't laugh. Glad you were okay.

Jenn in Holland said...

Ack! While that is hilarious, I appreciate the tips to fix it, as it sounds just like something I would do!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! That was hysterical! Poor you, and Kim... do you live in Texas because that happened to the husband of one of the women my mom taught with. He picked up his daughter's nail glue instead of eye drops. He had to have surgery... it was ugly.
Ouch. I always double read everything and NO opening things with TEETH! (now, if only I'd take my own advice) LOL!

Megan Marie said...

I love your blog, its very good, this story is especially funny, you may like mine, SingleMomLand.com Best of luck to you, you def. have another reader! PS - Good luck on your date!