Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stalled Engine

It never fails. Just when I am getting back into the swing of things. Drama, crap. Whatever you wish to call it happens. Guess that would explain the title of my blog. Duh? I disappeared again. But this time in my defense I was in the hospital for two days and in bed sick the other two. Denying the fact that I needed to go to the hospital or trying to not go. I caught strep throat. A normal sickness. Usually.

And since I have had it before I usually know how to handle it. But this time it nearly killed me. No joke. I finally went to the hospital when I was finally able to see my throat and see what I had going on. I went to the ER and they treated me. Shot me in the bum with the world's worst shot. Even the nurse said it was the worse shot she had to give. It is apparently a time released medicine, so no more taking ten days of penicillin. For all the pain it caused my butt, you would think it would work. Nope. No such luck. At least for this drama queen. Nothing is ever normal for me.

I end up even sicker. Can't even hold down water. Finally officially dehydrated. I get someone to take me to the ER yet again. Have you ever went to see a doctor for strep and he looks at your throat and literally jumps back and says "Holy Shit!"? Well I have. My throat scared the doc. He fixed me up though. I am still sick. But now I am able to stay awake for about an hour at a time. Feeling better, but not feeling well. So, I will be back. Just need a wee bit more rest.

No comments: