Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And That Is Just The Morning Folks!

Before you read any further, I must post a warning. You will laugh to be sure, it will also be at my expense, but the subject might not be completely to your liking. You may now proceed to read, if you are so bold. :o)

Every woman has an unfriendly visitor that they get every month. I am not the most regular of women though, so I tend to not keep track. Either way, I had the misfortune to wake up with afore mentioned visitor arriving. Since I am the Drama Queen after all, you are already suspecting that I was not prepared. Where would the adventure be in that? Anyway, I cannot leave my house. Since I am not normal, neither are my visits. I called my poor unsuspecting teenager (male btw) into my room for a conversation, I am sure he regrets. I told him that he was going to have to walk to the gas station and get me some necessities. That went over like syrup on hot pancakes. NOT! He said, "Can I at least drive the car?"

"No way! Are you serious?" I ask.

"Yes. I don't want to walk." he calmly states.

This boy has not had a driving lesson at all. NEVER! His argument was that he has drove plenty of cars on X-Box and that I told him what the pedals do. Are you kidding me?!?!?! That is what is going through my brain. I try to maintain my temper and not yell at him for something that sounds so asinine that I want to scream.

"No, you don't have a learner's permit or any lessons and it won't kill you to walk. Now just go. I CANNOT go to work without them. Please!" I practically beg.

He finally leaves the house and I proceed to eat a bowl of cereal, then take a shower. After showering, I realize he is still not back. He should have been back already, naturally he isn't. I begin to stress. Of course that is when he arrives. He walks into my bedroom and hands me a dollar bill and some change. I must let you all know I gave him a ten.

"Where are they?" I ask. Since he only handed me money and nothing else.

"They didn't have them."

Shock registers on my face, "Then what did you spend my money on?" I inquire while trying not to get up to physically choke him.

"Donuts."

Yep, that's my son.

2 comments:

Faridah Zayla said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
keiko_smiles said...

I am after all 17 but he sounds an awful like my brother nick. Nick is almost 18. we are not twins we have the same dad and thats it. he can be lazy unless you say theres a pretty girl over there and hes right up. boys will be boys. some day they are gonna have to learn to use their head. *SMILES*
Kaye