Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Life Less Ordinary

is not what my life could ever be described as, ever. I know that I would like to have a less eventfully life, then I realize exactly how dull it would actually be. But still, maybe a week without drama? Is that a request I could put in?

I have had a busy week, with work and the fact that I am trying to get a magazine up and running. Oh, did I mention that I am wanting to get another business off of the ground as well? Maybe I am an over achiever. Or maybe I just like to make my life crazy and yet still feel like I have accomplished nothing. I am approaching 40 and I just reached a point to where I just don't feel like I have done ANYTHING with my life. Therefore, I have been trying like mad to change my life around.

Only problem is, that as you get older, you can't stay awake all night long and bounce back to do it all over again in the morning. I am sure I could get some help from Red Bull or some other energy drink, if I could even contemplate putting them in my mouth. Not happening. I think they taste disgusting. So I get to run, or rather drag my ass around for about two weeks at a time, before I burn myself out and crash for 13 hours of sleep. Pretty sure my body is pissed off at me. Do I care? Possibly. Do I care enough to slow down? Nope. Do I feel like I am accomplishing anything? I wish. Rather feel like I am running in circles sometimes.

Only plus side is, I know that if I can make it work. I will have left a mark on the world. A mark my children can be proud of. A mark that maybe, just maybe, one day will be used as inspiration for others. Even if they never know my name.

No comments: