Wednesday, April 25, 2007

From Lemonade to Lemons

Have you ever wondered about buying older cars? I have. Actually, older cars have been my primary transportation for years. They are more affordable, insurance is cheaper and if your ex-husband pisses you off, they won't come near your car. Owning an older model vehicle is a good things. Unless, you let you father buy it for you, and you accept it gracefully. Then you end up putting in two alternators, two batteries, two voltage regulators, a cylinoid (sp? even the spell checker didn't know) and a starter. And the damn thing still doesn't run properly.

My work is relatively close to home, as well as the store, so losing battery power hasn't been bothering me too greatly. I have been searching for a mechanic that,

1.) Knows what he is doing.
2.) Not going to rip me off.
3.) Doesn't refuse to work on older cars like Pep Boys, (BTW Pep Boys Suck!!!!)
4.) Will find out exactly what is wrong with the car the first time.

I have not had any such luck. Still the big tank was getting me back and forth from work. Now it isn't. Either someone put something in my gas tank, or the transmission is going. Either way, I am paying my dad back two grand for a Lemon. And here I thought I got lucky and had some lemonade.

I have no clue what to do now, believe me, I did most of the before mentioned work, I am not a dumb ass regarding cars. Just the electrical system and the transmission. Not to mention, lack of tools. I am relatively limited in what I can personally do for the car.

Alas, it boils down to this. No humans were giving me drama today, so the damn car had to have a say.


2 comments:

Vixen said...

Mercy, you really do have a lemon! My car isn't as bad as yours...sorry sweets, I hope you find a resolution.

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Thanks Vixen. HUGS to you and congrats on your nomination.

The car is parked until I can find a real honest mechanic to look at it. Oh well. Good thing for friends and taxis.