Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Real Life Drama Queen Reigns

Welcome to the life and times of "The Real Life Drama Queen." No matter what I do, no matter who I talk to and no matter where I go, drama follows. I have even moved to a different state, where I didn't know anyone but my father, his wife and my sister whom I haven't seen in ten years. Drama followed. I wasn't even here a month and it rained down. Admittedly part of it was my fault. The rest was in trusting the wrong people to keep their mouth shut. Be careful of who you tell your secrets too. No matter how big or small. Including relatives.

I have learned in this day and age, you can trust hardly anyone. Everyone thrives on drama. Be it their own or others. Why else is Jerry Springer so popular. Where else can you find hillbillies and Ho's fighting over which relative should marry the cousin up on the auction block.

Think about it, if you have no drama in your life, you are either watching it on television, reading it in the paper or finding it online. You can't even walk down a busy sidewalk anymore and not come across someone talking trash on a cell phone. We are so in tune with drama that half of the time we don't even realize we are creating it.

Basically, it boils down to this. I have so much drama, none of it that I want, so I am going to write about it here. Share the wealth, as the saying goes. Even today on my day off, I went no where, I didn't even answer the phone. Drama came my way. The neighbor came over and borrowed my car. She doesn't care that it is not running correctly. She doesn't even put gas in it. She does however take it to WalMart and somehow manages to return empty handed and stand in my living room bitching about how she forgot her license. Another friend stops by, thinks she is pregnant. She is unmarried, been with her man for a few years and was having second thoughts about her relationship. Suddenly she is back to making things work, because the possibility of pregnancy. Scary to be sure. Drama! This was supposed to be my veg out day. The one day a week where I do nothing but goof off online and take care of my son. Instead I get to listen to others problems, offer solutions and have them rejected. If you don't want my advice don't ask for it. I mean I am only trying to help. No one listens. All I end up getting for my helpful efforts is more drama.

And that folks is why the Real Life Drama Queen Reigns.

I am sure there will be more tomorrow.

No comments: