Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Frustrated In Florida

So today begins quite normally enough. A pleasant wake up from a pleasant little boy. A nice breakfast and good company, seeing as I now have a new roommate. Things did not stay this way for long, naturally, or the name of this blog would be something entirely different.

Regular readers and friends know that my 14 year old has been staying with his father to finish up his school before relocating down to Florida with me. I let him finish up his school year with his old school to make transition easier. I must say I have not been happy without him these last few months. But such is life. I finally made the money to purchase his plane ticket for the long journey to his new home. I called the airline and everything went smoothly. That is until I tried to pay for the ticket. I personally don't own a credit card. One less bill I have to pay, trust me when I say I have enough of them already. So I gave the money to a friend of mine and we thought we were set. Wrong! For some reason her credit card would not go through. So we called the bank and got the problem fixed. Called the airline again and they proceed to quote me that my reservation price has went up a hundred dollars. Six phone calls and a very aggravated mother later. Problem is still not fixed. So my son was supposed to arrive to a very excited and impatient mother, tomorrow. His departure has now been delayed. I haven't flown anywhere since I was 5 years old, and my new experience with the airlines today have not inspired me to get on a plane anytime soon.

That I thought would have been the highlight drama of my day. Again I was wrong. My sister, ever the dramatic one, proceeded to to call and complain about her problems of getting a car ride from one destination to another. Then she manages to turn it into a full fledged fight with her step sister. To top it off, she calls our dad and tells him that my oldest (20) called him an asshole. So now my father is mad at me for something I didn't do. Like I can control what a twenty year old says. All of this and I didn't even leave the house or call anyone but my son and my ex-husband. I am beginning to think moving to Florida has become more trouble then it is worth.

I know the drama is mild, but if my sister wasn't so self centered and the airlines weren't such a rip off and my son could learn to shut his mouth. I do believe I would have had a more pleasant day.

Oh well, such is life.

2 comments:

ZoeyBella said...

It's amazing to see how a seemingly normal day suddenly gets turned around, isn't it?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good days might be well planned out, but something will come along!