Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Manic Monday

Well did you honestly think the drama wouldn't come back?? It would betray the title of my blog entirely if it wasn't.

My day had an interesting start. I woke up, went to get in the shower to get ready for work, and my ride to work showed up forty minutes sooner then I would have ever imagined. So, no shower before work. ICK! I had feeling skanky. I had a shower the night before, but still, I demand my morning shower. Work was work, cheap tippers abounded. Normal.

I get home and here is the real fun.

First thing, one of my good friends, whom I know does not like children, openly tells me she doesn't like my son. I was personally offended. She says, "Well he is afraid of a chameleon and a frog. And he is constantly stating the obvious." My response, "WTF! Grow up, he is ONLY four. What do you expect him to do? Come out of the womb fully educated and talking?" I left it off at that. I just walked away. I wasn't in the mood for drama that day. I continue up the three flights of stairs to open my door. Walking thankfully into an air conditioned apartment, I am greeted with the mail.

The water company felt free to send me a disconnect notice. So I felt compelled to give them a phone call. The bill was paid two weeks ago, on time. They found my payment and retracted the late fee. Drama evaded.

What did I tell ya about my sister? She is good for drama. The phone rings. It is her, in hysterics. Crying. Saying she got into a fight with her Mom, (She is my half sister). A verbal one. But her Step Father felt free to drag her through the house, literally. Smacked her and threw her into a wall. I had to make arrangements to go and get her. Of course I had to lie to her mother, saying I didn't know anything was wrong. That I was calling to see if she wanted to come over and be here for the arrival of my other son. Then I had to listen to her mother telling me her side of it all.

I finally get off the phone with my sister's mom. As I am picking up the phone to call my sister, the roomie's children come running inside crying. Apparently some teenage boys stole her son's necklace. So the police where then called. I let her take care of that situation. I have other calls to make. I set up arrangements to finalize my son's arrival, get my sister out of danger and track down the perpetrators. It is now two hours since I left work. I FINALLY get to go to my room and change into normal clothing.

They never did catch the kids. My sister is here and is a slob. I am a clean freak. She is being made to change her ways. I think that is a good thing. She is 21 and it is time to grow up. Even if it is just a little bit.

Nothing ever stays normal in this house for long. At least it is never dull!

1 comment:

ZoeyBella said...

It seems that nothing is ever normal. Well, well at least you stuck it to the water company. Yay!