Saturday, June 16, 2007

Spiders, Friends and Pranks Oh My!



The picture is basically what this blog will be about today. I HATE spiders! I don't care if they are the tiniest size of a gnat to the size of a Tarantula. I HATE spiders.

Just call me stupid. I found out a friend of mine owns a tarantula and now her boyfriend is insistent of trying to bring me one as a gift. Over his dead body. I have now received cell phone pics of my youngest(who is four) holding the loved "pet." I would show it to you, but have no clue how to get the pics from my phone to online. I have been told that every growing boy needs a pet and that he will be coming home with one tomorrow. I seriously doubt he will buy my son a spider, but I have no doubt that I am going to be opening my front door one day to him holding his tarantula. Screaming hysterics will abound. Did I mention I hate spiders??

Pranks can be fun, but have you ever had someone playing a prank on your fears? I find those to be the worst and not funny at all. Everyone has a fear, something small like my fear of spiders, to something as big as claustrophobia. But you wouldn't in jokes and games lock a person with claustrophobia in a closet. That is just cruel and no fun at all. Don't get me wrong, I have done plenty of pranks in my younger days. Occasionally, I still do. Keeps a person young. Just don't be cruel about it.

Needless to say, if I open my front door and find a man and a spider. My friends little boy will be out a "pet" and my friend will be out a "boyfriend."

If I end up in jail, I will make sure someone lets you know.

5 comments:

Adventures In Waitressing said...

LMAO.. I really should heed your advice. You have such an eliquent way with words Dear Teri! Please don't ever change.

Vixen said...

LOL! I feel you there re: Teri's eloquence.

I don't mind bugs...growing up in Africa will do that to you. I think they are just overly pulling your leg just to see your reaction.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I rather like spiders. They do a good job removing insects from the house.

Fourier Analyst said...

The only good spider is a flat spider. I not only do not like spiders, not only hate spiders, I am terrified of them. We're talking run from the room screaming before I even am aware of what it happening. I am not much better with scorpions. But spiders unearth a deep-seated terror that I can't really explain. And it's not just because of the fearful close encounters with jumping spiders, black widows, and brown recluses that are prevalent in rural Texas, nor the childhood memories of the summer when there was a full-blown tarantula plague and the road was slick with spider-blood and guts so that it was a danger to drive on (this is real, I have seen it and it is recorded on the internet, but I won't provide the links to prove it...YUK!) I know rationally that they are good for the environment, and a mosquito's worst enemy. I even liked to read Charlotte's Web aloud to my girls. I can tolerate on most occasions a "daddy long legs", but all others send me into arachnophobia that I really do not care to get treatment for. Your friend's boyfriend should be surprised with his worst nightmare before he tries to inflict such a "prank" on someone else.

Real Life Drama Queen said...

All I can say about the road paved with dead Tarantulas is.. OMG HORRIFIC!!! I would have oh.. hell not sure what I would have done. .. but screaming would have been involved. Thankfully he didn't show up. I seriously would have hurt him. But I can't even tolerate a daddy long legs... Thanks for stopping by.