Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What's Happening! Part 1

Sorry for the long term absence. They don't call me the Real Life Drama Queen for nothing. Besides having difficulty getting my license and car. I was dealing with The Roommate from Hell.

I know in the past I told you all that she was great. Well apparently she has multiple personalities. All hell broke loose here. It is my punishment for being too damn nice for my own good.

I took her in because she and her children had no where to go. I have a HUGE soft spot for children. Always have.. always will.

Basically, this is how I gained her as a roommate.

I work with her mother. The roomie, we shall call, Fanny. Fanny's mother works with me, she told me how her daughter was living with her boyfriend's family. That they were not getting along and were going to throw her daughter out on the streets. Fanny's mother had heard I was looking for a roomie to help with bills. I told her I would have to meet Fanny first and see if we would be compatible. The next day, I receive a phone call from Fanny introducing herself. We talked for a bit and I thought she seemed rather nice. We set up a time to meet.

The day after that, I get another phone call. This one seriously dramatic. Fanny is crying and apologizing. She says that her current roomies have insisted that she leave by the next day. Me being the softy that I am, tell her to come on and move it. I REFUSE to see children on the streets if I can help someone out. She then starts crying in thanks.

Now you may ask, "Why doesn't her mother let her move in with her?" Well, Fanny's step-dad has been diagnosed with Terminal Cancer. He doesn't have much time left. Noise and such can irritate him and his condition. Anyone with children, knows they are noisy. That is the explanation. At least how I have received it.

4 comments:

Vixen said...

You better be typing part 2

ZoeyBella said...

Roomates from hell suck!

soccer mom in denial said...

I'm with Vixen. You best be writing Part II!!

One subtle cliffhanging there partner.

Fourier Analyst said...

Oh Gosh! I don't want to know. Except I do. I just feel your pain already...!