Saturday, September 29, 2007

What's Happening! Part 5

Okay.. the final installment. I have kept you waiting far too long. But I just got home from work, so technically it is Sunday. Either way, here goes.

The little things that reached my ears didn't bother me so much. It was the big things that finally reached my ears that set me off the deep end. And not is a pretty way.

A neighbor, we shall call her Alise, was telling me all kinds of horrors. She told me that Fanny had gotten $1,500.00 in the last two months. Alise also stated that Fanny was going to call child protection on me for having my 14 year old babysit sometimes, that Fanny was going to call my work and pretend to be other people complaining and get my fired, Fanny was going to take my DVD's out of the cases and sell them and finally, Fanny was going to have a friend rob my apartment and steal what little I do own. The more Alise talked, the angrier I became. I was seriously livid by the time I arrived home.

I sent my children to our room, with the order to stay put. I called Fanny out to the living room, stated we needed to talk privately. She sent her children back into her room.

I basically said something to this effect. "I am going to say something, I do not want to be interrupted. I am going to speak my mind and what I say is final."

She said, "Okay."

I told her everything that was said to me and told her because of that she had until 4:00 the next day to get the hell out.

She started screaming at me, so I yelled back. I told her I wasn't playing games. She could go quietly or I would have the police remove her. She said I couldn't throw her out, that she had squatters rights. Then started cussing away. I yelled, I am not going to (yest I used the f bomb) fucking listen to her mouth. Then proceeded to leave the room. She jumped on the phone and called her mother.

Next thing I know, her mother (whom I respect) wants to talk to me. So I speak to her mother. I tell her why I did what I did. Her mother then tells me how she has heard Alise talking trash about me to Fanny, anytime Fanny is on the phone with her. I hear so much mean things that Alise, whom I believed, said about me. I calmed down towards Fanny and began to listen to her side and her mothers. Fanny's mother swore to me that Fanny had no money. Hell, apparently she was bumming money all the time from her mother.

Turns out, Alise was playing both of us for fools. She was saying things, spiteful and hateful things, all lies, to keep us angry at each other. I have no clue as to why. None whatsoever. The whole thing is seriously stupid.

Fanny finally received some assistance and is putting groceries in the house. That has relieved a big burden off of my shoulders. Things are back to normal for now. I let her stay, only because she said she should be out soon. That she believes she has a place to go. Also, because I believe her mother over both Alise and Fanny.

No more hiding in my room. Peace and quiet are abounding. Things are calm.

Not too worried about her being here anymore. Thanks to her not working for so long. I managed to get far enough behind, that unless the charity office helps me Monday. I will be evicted. Sadly, I don't care. At least the next place I go, will not be big enough for any roommates. That way my kind, stupid ass heart won't get in the way anymore.

Whew.

3 comments:

DIXIECHICK said...

I am glad things are quiet for you at the moment...but seriously, are you going to let her get you evicted? I sure hope you can find an alternative solution, before that happens...hang in there.
Dixiechick

soccer mom in denial said...

WHAAAAATTTTT?!?!?!!? You let her STAY! You have the biggest, kindest heart in the world. Seriously you are beyond kind.

But don't get yourself evicted over her. It may be too late to write this but please. Take care of you and your kids first.

cathouse teri said...

That was a horrible story that went on waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long! Is she leaving then? ?? ???