Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Uh oh.. Day 2




Well, first off, I think I want to go back on vacation. The real world sucks.

So I proceed to get up the next day. I have a few errands to run, post office, grocery, bank, the norm.

First stop, the bank, after all that is were all that lovely green stuff is housed. I don't have a checkbook, I either use my debit card or cash. I have a terrible tendency to bounce checks. Not on purpose, sheesh LOL. So therefore I do not know my account number. So I go to the teller and say I am going to make a deposit, proceed to hand them my debit card so they can access my account, but what I pull out of my pocket is a Visa gift card. I immediately know what I did wrong. See, I cleaned out my pockets the night before, the gift card is empty. I had meant to throw it away, instead I throw away my only means of accessing my travel money while I am on the road. I am a bright crayon. The brightest one in the box. The color black.

I take a deep breath and try not to have a meltdown. I ask how long it will take to get a new card, because I am leaving at 5 am in the morning. They politely tell me 7 to 10 days. My whole body tenses and I ask, is there any other way I can get a new card quicker. The teller calls over the manager. Thank God, this woman knows her stuff. She says that one of the banks in town makes the cards and if the machine isn't broke they can get me one today. My luck changes and I have to drive about 25 minutes, but I get a new card. Whew!!

I am just about done with my day. I have one more stop to make before I can go home and get ready for work. I never make it to work. My forth brand new alternator decides that it doesn't like the pulley. Yep.. the car broke down again. When I finally make it home, it is a mad rush of, feed the kids and pack. Not my favorite game.

Alas, I finally made it to bed around Midnight. Needless to say, I left at 7 am not 5 am.

In cave woman queen voice, " Tired Wooo man need sleep."

3 comments:

Fourier Analyst said...

Ah the drama in your life makes me ashamed to complain about mine!! so see, there is something good about it!!

Hope the car & computer stop being the source for so much grief. But knowing you, there will then be something else... ;)

Wishing you a log more fun on your vacation!!

DIXIECHICK said...

Honey...I wish you were closer...I would take you out for a stiff drink...wow! I will never complain about my so called drama filled life again! LOL....hope your vacation is not so drama filled....
Hugs...

soccer mom in denial said...

Cave woman queen voice! Not that I wish these things on you but THAT is funny.