Sunday, June 20, 2010

Graduation Party?

So I traveled about 45 minutes or more to go to a graduation party. I was thrilled to go, with the exception that there was one person there, I was terrified of seeing again. My son's sperm donor.

About 8 yrs ago, I was with this man that I knew for 6 yrs. I found out I was pregnant. I did the right thing, I told him. He did the wrong thing and disappeared. His loss. I have a wonderful son who loves to make people smile and is a joy to be around. He, on the other had, has deteriorated. Apparently he is now a raging alcoholic. He is abusive, rude and crude. Whew, did I luck out on him running or what?

The graduation party was for his daughter. My sons half sister. She is a wonderful girl, who has had a hard life. Thanks to the fact that her mother died, which eventually turned her father into the loser he is today. He wouldn't even throw her a party. That ticked me off. But not my place. I figured he would at least have the decency to show up at his daughters graduation party. So I was nervous about attending it.

I worried for nothing. This man is such a loser that he couldn't be bothered to get up off of the couch and attend the party. Nor did he buy her a present. I was livid. No wonder the girl has insecurities about love. I was supposed to take her home. Luckily someone else did. Because I told her, that if I took her home. I wanted her to send her dad outside. Said, "Tell him to stand in front of my car." She laughed. Sadly, I was serious.

Talk about the drama that would have created. Yikes!

1 comment:

QueenBebop said...

enjoyed the writings god bless