Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Thing Number 3 Explained

First off, I am honored to have been given my first Blogger Award. Soccer Mom thinks I have Schmooze! I am tickled pink.

Now for what some of you have been waiting oh so patiently for, an explanation. In case you are wondering why and what I am explaining, scroll down.

This one is probably going to be the hardest one to explain. So much detail will need to be given, but I will endeavour to do my best to keep it short and simple.

When I was two, my parents got a divorce. They went their separate ways. I lived with my mother for a time, then my father came to get me. I lived with him for a time. I don't really remember too much about that. I do remember getting on an airplane. Being picked up at an airport, by my Aunt and her husband. They are the ones that adopted me. I lived with them from the time I was six, until right after my twelfth birthday. I remember not being happy. I also remember several events about being treated unfairly. It wasn't a fun childhood.

My father came to visit me when I turned twelve. He took me away from "that" life. I lived with him for a time. He then went somewhere, private and personal, for the military. During that time, my grandmother took care of me. She took the people who had adopted me to court and got full custody of me. I still have the adoption certificates. Each copy has something different on it. All of them were signed by people who are or rather were related to me, in some way. My grandmother raised me for the rest of my days.

Until recently, I thought my father didn't want me. Funny the things you find out when you reach 35. I found out that not only was my adoption illegal when I was younger, but that my grandmother fought dirty and made me believe my dad didn't want me. I was lied to the majority of my life. I learned that he sent money and made phone calls. I learned he was away and unreachable during the time my grandmother pursued her adoption. Basically, I have been lied to most of my life.

First my dad sends me away to stay with family for awhile and he was taken advantage of in that situation. Then my grandmother basically does the same thing. Just this year, literally, have I actually been a part of my father's life and he a part of mine.

Scary huh?

There is so much to tell about the past. One post just will not do it justice. I am sure I will elaborate more, eventually.

Now to pass on the schmoozer award!!

Vixen: You all know and love her as the writer of The Bad Girls Guide. But what not everyone knows is that she has another excellent site. It is all about Sickle Cell Anemia. She rocks that blog like she does her Bad Girls Guide! Carry on my strong sister of the heart!

Teri: This lady says what she wants and tells it like it is. She doesn't try to Schmooze you. It just ends up being irresistible like her. Check out The Road Lester Traveled.

Zoey: An excellent writer in the journalism AND the blogger world. She always has something to say. Ever a surprise and a delight. Zoey's World will rock your world.

nml: The title of her blog is Tired of Men. Though I am sure at one point she was, she is now a new mom. Who doesn't blog enough for me. She is witty, funny and creative. You want schmooze with side splitting comedy? Go read Tired Of Men.

11 comments:

Vixen said...

Awwwww....you Schmoozed me! I heart you:)

Thank you very much! I would also like to thank all the little people that made this happen...like the fuckin' doctors and nurses that treat us like crap...Oh wait, sorry, wrong podium
'
____

Wow, that must have been difficult for you growing up with so many cross cut roots. Yeesh!

soccer mom in denial said...

This is why you deserved this award. An amazing post (WHAT was going on with grandma? I thought my mom and MIL were manipulative. Who-wee I've been dealing with amatuers!).

And your list? Some people I know and know as smchoozers. Others I don't know. Looks like a yummy list!

ZoeyBella said...

Wow... I'm so honored and flattered and even speechless. Thank you so much for your kind words :)

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Vixen-- You totally crack me up woman. I heart you too.

Soccer-- My grandma is gone now. I love her very much still. She was great exect for that one minor detail that I didnt know about until I was older. But such is life right? Thank you again for honoring me.

Zoey-- Your more then welcome. I meant every word.

NML/Natalie said...

Wow I am very honoured that you schmoozed me! *blush* I swear I plan to blog more but have had my hands full between the bambino and my other blog Baggage Reclaim. However, I have to say I was riveted by your post and admire that you have managed to come through what sounds like an incredibly difficult childhood where you have been passed around from pillar to post and lied to. Enjoy your time with your dad and take care of yourself. I can relate to your experience of rekindling with your dad - they can't give you back your childhood but you can enjoy an adult relationship with him. xx

Adventures In Waitressing said...

Understand you can't blog more often right now, enjoy you bambino babe. She is adorable. Always looking forward to whatever you post. It is always awesome.

And Thank you!

The Real Life Drama Queen.

Jenn in Holland said...

I was so glad to see you on SMID's Schmooze list. It is a well deserved award.
This was a wonderful post. Once again so honest and upfront. I really love that about your writing. I am so glad to hear that you are building a new connection with your Dad. That must be rewarding after all the confusion in the early years. You have such a big heart.

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Absolutly flattered. You have me blushing Jenn. Thank you!

Fourier Analyst said...

Jeez, you deserve the Drama Queen Title and don't let anyone doubt it! Here I am struggling with DD1's pre-teen drama, I'm gonna make her read your uprooting tale.(Well maybe I'll just tell her next time she's ranting!) But you seem to have come out whole and with your head on reasonably straight. And you are imminently qualified to deal with Thing number 2. Congrats on the Schmooze award. I also got one last week but haven't yet figured out how to deal with the button (that's a newbie for ya'). Keep it up gal!

Travis Erwin said...

What a history. Glad things are going better for you now. Hope they stay that way.

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Fourier.. I am on my way to your blog to give you an explaination, just in case you wouldn't see it here. Believe me when I say I left out alot of detail.

Travis..What a pleasure to have a Real Life Texan stop by. Thank you for your kind words.