Monday, May 10, 2010

The Day After....

Well it is the day after Mother's Day. The one day of the year that is and should be celebrated by all Mothers. After all, any true giving and caring mother knows, we worked our butt off. We love it when our kids come in and serve us that silly breakfast in bed. We relish the glitter and glue ridden cards that will dwindle away with time and only been seen in memory books. It is supposed to be our day. Our dinner out, with no dishes. Our day that we know we are loved.

Alas, twas not so for this Drama Queen. I have three boys. Only one contacted me. Now before you say, why weren't you at home with your children, let me give you some background information. My oldest is 23 and lives in Florida. My middle son is 17 and since I would like for him to live to be 18, he lives with his father. My youngest is 7 and he was with his uncle due to the fact that I had to work 15 hours yesterday. Being a single Mom forces you to make sacrifices.

Was really hard to watch other Mothers with their children having a nice lunch or dinner. Knowing that they were able to enjoy their day, while I worked straight through without a break. My kids are worth it though. Yet only my 23 year old bothered to contact me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. My ex-husband texted me to say, and I quote "Since your son hasn't bothered to ask for the phone to call you. Happy Mother's Day!" Rather decent of him, still makes me want to smack my 17 yr old though.

You would think that my youngest uncle would have said, "Hey kiddo! Let's call your Mom." But that didn't happen either. Instead, his father decided to call me and wake me up this morning. I had to work and was snoozing rather nicely after working very hard yesterday. His lovely present to me was to tell me he thought I was a bad Mother. Probably the rudest awakening I have ever received in my life. He then wonders why I was mad at him and hung up on him. I proceeded to tell him that he is always on the road(he's a trucker) and how the hell would he know. That was my day after.

Can I get a do over? For the day? For yesterday? Hell, for my life?

1 comment:

Gunfighter said...

This is waaay late, but Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend.