Thursday, May 6, 2010

Politically Incorrect???

I am so not talking about the television show. I am referring to people and what they find humorous. I can understand not mocking the handicapped, both mentally and physically. But is there anything wrong with making fun of yourself in a handicapped way? Hence the politically incorrect title above.

Now I have handicapped people in my family and of my acquaintances. I have also, in my opinion dated mentally handicapped men. Probably not genuinely handicapped, but dammit, they sure seemed like something was mentally wrong with them. And that didn't stop me from dating them, well not at first.

I also know that when you are out in public, or even if you just run into someone you know that has either physical or mental limitations, you never make fun of that individual, EVER! So I ask you dear readers. Is it okay to make fun of yourself in a handicapped way? If not, why is it so offensive? The only person you are making fun of during the process is yourself, right?

Curiosity has me wondering. Anyone willing to answer and give their opinions on the above mentioned questions? I am really wanting to know.

No comments: