Monday, May 17, 2010

Dum Da Dum Dum

My life has never ceased to astound me. It is either so boring I could cry to provide myself with entertainment. Or so dramatic that I could scream just to attempt to scare people away.

I went from not having a date in 7 years to "Oops, I got the men mixed up!" Now don't go thinking that I am trashy and whatnot. I value my body, in that degree. I just was tired of sleeping alone and have decided to try and find someone to change it. As a friend of mine once said. "I don't have a problem being single. It's the celibacy that's a bitch!" If ever there was a woman that shouldn't be single. It is her. In short she reminds me of Carrie on Sex in the City. With the exception that she is a brunette.

Basically, what my mind was trying to talk about, before I teetered off balance, was that I have re-entered the dating world with a vengeance. I was terrified of it before now. I avoided it like it was a plague. Now that I have forced myself to go back into it, it isn't as scary as I imagined it. It is however, quite hilarious. Some men just leave me speechless. Not in a good way. And leaving me speechless is difficult. Just ask anyone who knows me. Making me blush is an even harder job to do.

I found a man that made me blush, not once but twice. Not sure if I like that or not. I am a very, shall we say, strong person. Dominating and vibrant someone once described me. Overpowering personality. Takes a really strong man to put me in my place. My opinions are strong and I don't have a problem telling others about them. I have only met one man that can do it. He is my roommate. I do believe this man I am currently seeing, might be a contender though. He hasn't tried to put me in my place, but he has managed to not run away screaming either. That's a good sign.

Unfortunately, he isn't the only one I am dating. Or should I say thankfully. I am playing the field. I was tied down to my high school honey for years. Then I went on my "I'm not going to date or have sex!" bubble headed years. What bothers me about all of this is, "Is it wrong for anyone to date more then one person at a time?" I know men have done it for years. Some women too. But the more we get into the 2000's the more women act like men. Where once we were considered and reveered to act like ladies, now men are thankful we act like tramps. Are we as women selling ourselves short?

See how my mind wanders? Scary huh?

1 comment:

Gunfighter said...

Sure... date more than one man at a time, but be up front and tell him if that is your plan. You would want that, too, wouldn't you?