Saturday, May 8, 2010

Texting Manners?

I am positive that if you are one of the few that reads both of my blogs, you can tell I am on a behaviour bash. This time on the texters! (Is that even a legitimate word? Yet?)

Is there an etiquette involving texting? Should one get upset at either vague or non_returned text messages?

I have a certain person in my life that either texts me non stop, (which I enjoy) or that constantly works my nerves. No happy medium at all.

He only makes my nerves raw when he either avoids a direct question, ignores a text completely and skips to the second one or half-ass answers me altogether. Yet when he wants to know something you are expected to answer. Truthfully, it flat out works my nerves.

You ask a question first and it gets ignored, a LOL or a question in return. Is it a personality trait, lack of manners or an on purpose aggravation? Or just plain ol' fashioned rudeness?

It ticked me off so badly today, that I have decided to stop texting him first. At least for awhile. I am even debating on ignoring him when he texts me. I can't ignore him at home, after all he is my roommate. I really want to act like him for an entire week. Basically give him a dose of his own medcine, so to speak. Not sure if he would notice, or even get the hint though.

I am guessing the time for me to be nice to people has passed on by. I would say it is a bittersweet ending to my maturity, but I would be lying. I have always been more bitter than sweet anyways. I guess old habits die hard.

No comments: